Saturday, February 11, 2017

Bainbridge to Singapore

Our transport odyssey began at 7:15 AM with a  bleary eyed coffee jonesing (I know I am a morning weenie.) ride to the ferry. 7: 55 boat. We were driven to the airport by Jasmah’s wonderful husband Paul. It was snowing and freezing when we got to the airport so enthusiasm for warmer climes grew. We managed to get our seats changed so we could sit together on a jammed packed plane. 

10 hours later ... a long flight to Tokyo Narita Airport and we have another 8 hour flight left after that. We were excited to land in Narita, to be able to get off the plane and walk around a bit. I was already feeling like I had been chewed up and spit out..

In the first hour I learned that Jasmah is a chill flying companion. During our first beverage service the plane started rocking and rolling then there was a big drop. Time seems to slow down as I watched liquid and ice fly out of my raised glass as I tried to stretch my arm into the aisle in a futile attempt to avoid an unwelcome shower. I was lucky I only ended up with ½ a cup of coke raining down on me.  Unfortunately Jasmah had chosen tomato juice and water and as a center seat occupant, had no means of escape.  I found out as we landed, that her clothes took about 6 hours to dry on the air conditioned plane.  On the bright side we only had to wear these sticky aromatic clothes another 25 hours!

Narita Airport is not that glamorous or big. They did have some interesting things on the McDonald's menu.
Check out the fish options.

Also squat toilets were available in the women’s room as well as 
bidet toilets with heated seats.


This second flight was much less crowded. There were people actually laying down in empty seat rows. I wish I was one of them. I am dead exhausted and having a lot of trouble getting comfortable.  I have slept some, but I need more. I am looking forward to this hotel room. I really could care less about seeing Singapore right now I just want to get some sleep! At this point I think we will not get to the hotel until 12:30 at the earliest. I am assuming that will be ok. I asked for late check in, but they may have rented the room, who knows. I have not been charged for it. I can call them when we land and let them know we are still coming. It will probably be fine, things usually are.
Hopefully customs will be short and sweet and we can get to the hotel quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on this journey and wonderful adventure with you via my computer - Pax and love - happy adventures

    ReplyDelete